Hello, and happy Saturday! I apologize for being a day late with this post. I've had a fairly busy week (although, to be honest, a couple days were spent shopping #noregrets) and so I'm looking forward to the weekend. Today I'm here to share some stuff I've been loving/enjoying over the last few weeks.
- I am an avid fan of the Anne of Green Gables book series and I've been on the hunt for a new (prettier) series to add to my bookshelves, and Anne over at Modern Mrs. Darcy has an awesome round-up post of the prettiest ones out there. I'm considering the flowery edition – it's so pretty and looks pretty Anne-ish if you ask me. And then I plan on rereading the whole series because yes.
- The next couple things I have to talk about are not book-related, but I thought I'd share them anyway. First up, a new print I got from the Etsy shop The 45 Collective. Of course, why I got this one should be no surprise if you've been reading here for some time. I've been on the lookout for a print that says something about being brave, and I just love this one. The writing is pretty perfect. If you want a print of your own, click on the name of the Etsy shop above to head over there.
- And next on the list of things not related to books, I was the main role in a play we put on with our homeschool group a few weeks ago. The play was on the story of Esther in the Bible and it was a ton of work but a ridiculous amount of fun. Probably one of the first truly brave things I did this year. I loved it so much and it was just pretty awesome doing it with such terrific people.
- If you don't know, I am a HUGE fan of Captain America; he is my favorite Avenger and probably my fave superhero. I cannot wait to see him in action again in Age of Ultron. Anyway, I read an article about Chris Evans/Steve Rogers last week and thought it was excellent. If you're a fan of Cap, I suggest you give it a read.
- And last but not least, I've been enjoying some book-related things as well. I started re-listening to the dramatized audio books of the Chronicles of Narnia last week and they are so good and so much fun, and I was basically mowing the yard last weekend grinning like a total idiot while I listened to the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. What a nerd. And lastly, I finished the first book in the Mary Russell series last week – A Beekeeper's Apprentice – and like, totally loved it. There are major hints in that book that allude to the sequel, so I had to get my hands on A Monstrous Regiment of Women to reread it. Of course, though, my local Barnes & Noble didn't have it, and the library I checked didn't have it either. So I ordered it from Amazon and it's supposed to get here today. I've already read it, but cannot wait to read it again.
And those are a few of the things I've been enjoying over the last couple weeks! Sorry this is coming a day late, but as I said, I've had a doozy of a week. Tomorrow I hope to post about the Bout of Books Read-a-thon that's taking place next week, as I'm hoping to participate this time. I'm excited and I'll talk about it more tomorrow. Thanks for reading! xo, Ella