- Okay, so unless you've been hiding under a rock or don't like period dramas (what?), you probably know that Downton Abbey has aired for a fifth season. I watch it through Amazon, and so far I am loving it. I'm so glad it's back! *heart-eyes* And because I am sort of (very) obsessed, I followed an awesome Twitter account called Lady Mary's Eyebrows. Yes. And it is absolutely great. If you're a superfan like me, go check it out.
- Also, Agent Carter! This show is amazing. Peggy Carter is so good, and I love seeing a Marvel show set in the past as I really liked that in the first Captain America film. She's all red lipstick, heels, and killer fighting moves and I am loving it. I follow Hayley Atwell on Twitter, and I would totally recommend following her. She's funny and seems like such a down-to-earth person I would totally want to hang out with IRL. Also, this article is kind of the best. Made me laugh way too loud.
- I've talked about She Reads Truth on the blog before, but this year they have a new plan to read through the entire Bible in a year. I am following along in addition to their usual plans (John right now), and so far I'm really enjoying it! You read from the Old Testament and New Testament on a given day, and that keeps it from getting kind of long.
- I have discovered a new blog thanks to a tweet – man, I love Twitter. Anyway, it's a super fun and funny blog about pop culture stuff with a generous sprinkling of level-headedness and semi-profundity. It's called The Sugar Box and this is an awesome post. Also, this one. K, stopping now.
- I have new music I'm kind of in love with! I literally discovered it like the day I wrote this which would have been yesterday, so yeah, I discovered it yesterday. Anyway, it is a new album by Misty Edwards, and it is the best. I am loving it right now! I haven't bought it yet, I'm still listening on The Drop, but it is a fantastic album and my favorite songs are "Killing Me With Mercy," and "Sound of A Heart." She is a indie/worship artist, and color me obsessed. Her lyrics are beautiful and profound and so real. Click on the link above and go have a listen!
- I have found so many neat/beautiful quotes on Pinterest recently, and I think this one is so good for the first month of the year. And the handwriting! Perfect.
- One more neat link before I sign off. I am always interested in reading those lists of "books everyone must read," and this one I came across is so neat! If you click on the title, it will take you to the book on Amazon. I selected a few classics from the image to use in my reading challenges for 2015. It's really neat.
And that wraps up this installment of "This Girl Likes!" I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been enjoying around the web lately. Have a great Friday and I will be back sometime this weekend with an update on War & Peace! Thanks for reading! xo, Ella