My favorite movie I saw this year was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I am a huge fan of Captain America, and I absolutely loved The Winter Soldier. I loved seeing him and Black Widow work together, and the elevator scene was just the best, right? Anyway, this was definitely my favorite movie I saw this year – I gotta say, Cap's my fave! Check out my full review where I go on and on about how much I loved The Winter Soldier here.
My second favorite movie of 2014 was The Battle of the Five Armies. I plan to do a full review eventually, so I'll keep this short. I went to see this movie the day after Christmas, and I cried at least 5 times, gasped probably like 20 times, and laughed a couple times, too. It was amazing. It kind of blew my mind. I love Thorin, and Bilbo, and Tauriel, and Kili, and Bard, and Gandalf, and Thorin's cousin dwarf. They were all awesome. The fight scenes were incredible, the landscapes breathtaking, and Kili and Tauriel's relationship ended in the best possible way. I definitely cried. While I was watching it, the thought that kept running through my mind was, "there are so many brave people in this movie." And yes, there were. My single favorite part of the entire thing was when Thorin shakes off his dragon-sickness and all the dwarves come charging out of the mountain. I cried at that part, too. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara, right? Anyway, it was an amazing movie, and you can bet I will be talking about it again.
Those are my favorite movies that came out in 2014, but I watched other movies last year that didn't come out last year. I watched Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, The Desolation of Smaug, Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, among others. I really enjoyed all of those. But now, onto the TV shows...
My favorite show of 2014 was Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I watched the first season last year and I am working my way through the second season right now. I love that show so much! The characters are awesome, the cast is perfect, and I love that the show coincides with the other Marvel films. It's perfect. You can read the full review/rant here.
My other favorite show of last year was Sherlock season 3. I watched it at the beginning of the year, and I fell in love with Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock. I really enjoyed the chemistry between him and Martin Freeman – they are brilliant together. I talk some about the show here.
For the last part of this post, I want to talk about the films and shows I am excited for this year. There are some I literally cannot wait for! I'll just put them down randomly.
- Downton Abbey Season 5! Ahh! I love that show and I cannot wait to see what happens in the next season. I have kept up with it so far and I'm anxious to see what's in store.
- Agent Carter – This show starts this month, but I'll wait to watch it through Amazon. I've seen the trailer and I am so pumped. I loved Peggy Carter in The First Avenger, and I'm so excited to see her in her own show.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. part 2 of season 2 – I'm excited.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – I am equal parts nervous and excited for this movie. I really didn't like what I saw in the trailer, so I'm kind of scared about what's going to happen. Like, Captain America's shield was in two! What?!
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens – I'm one of those Star Wars fans who ardently hates the most recently made trilogy, so my fingers are crossed that this one is good. The trailer looks promising and I've heard good things about the cast, so I'm hoping it'll meet all my expectations.
- Also, I know I'm late to the game, but I have not seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet. What? I know. So I'm looking forward to watching that maybe this next week. I've heard soooo much about it.
And that wraps up my Movies/TV Shows of the Year for 2014! I saw some good stuff this year, and I'm pumped for what's to come! Look out for a review of Battle of the Five Armies within the next few weeks! Thanks for reading! xo, Ella